In this project Get Arty Artist, Jye, shows us how to make the perfect gift and all you need is polymer clay and some cotton cord!
For a PDF of this project, click here.
What you will need
- Polymer Clay (a few different colours)
- Plastic gloves
- Cotton cord
- Toothpick / wooden skewer
- Oven tray
- Celco Scissors
How to do it
- With the clay you’ve chosen, get the amount that matches the size of beads you’d like and stretch the
- clay out. With your hands, work your clay to make it soft and easy to work with.
- Roll your clay into beads in the palm of your hands. Feel free to make your beads different shapes, like
- flat ones, square ones, whatever you want to do!
- Tip: Wear gloves if you want to make sure that your beads are smooth and you don’t leave finger prints in
- the clay.
- With a toothpick or wooden skewer, poke a hole through your clay bead where you would like the cotton
- thread to go through.
- Then place the beads onto an oven tray and put them in the oven – bake them as per the instruction on
- your clay packet.
- Tip: It’s really important to follow the instruction on how to bake your clay so that you don’t over bake your
- beads (causing cracks)!
- To get your necklace length, get your cotton cord and place it around your neck. Adjust it until you get
- the length you are happy with and cut it with your scissors.
- Get the beads out of the oven and leave to the side to cool off.
- Once your beads have cooled off, thread them onto your cotton cord.
- Tie the two ends of your necklace together and cut off the excess cord.