What you will need
- EduCraft Pipe Cleaners
- EduCraft Polystyrene Balls
- EduCraft Joggle Eyes
- Elmer’s Glue
How to do it
Follow the easy step-by-step instructions below to create your very own spider this Halloween.
Cover your working area with a drop sheet before starting to protect from any paint spills.
- Paint two (2) polystyrene balls with black paint. It is best to use 2 different sizes (the head being smaller).
- Apply two (2) coats of paint for good coverage. Allow both coats to dry completely.
- Gently insert a toothpick to one of the balls and use this to join the head to the body.
- Take two (2) black pipe cleaners and cut each one into four (4) even sized pieces.
- Use another toothpick to create small holes in the body where each of the eight (8) legs will be placed. Four (4) on each side.
- Place each portion of pipe cleaner into each created hole.
- Bend the legs to give some shape.
- Stick Joggle Eyes on the face using Elmer’s Glue.
Helpful Hint: Make your spider stand out from the crowd by using different coloured pipe cleaner legs or use EduCraft Bumpy Pipe Cleaners for a furry effect. String can also be used through the body to hang.