Learn the easiest method for duplicate your carvings, with ComposiMold a re-melt to re-use mold making material. Five easy steps!
- First prepare your carving- Shellac or any appropriate sealant can be applied to the carving. Once the sealant has dried the carving should be glued to the bottom of a mold box/container to prevent it from floating. Then coat the carving with a very light coat of mold release, if excessive amounts are used wipe away the extra.
- Second create your mold- melt the ComposiMold in a microwave, double boiler, chocolate melter or any other method that does not allow the ComposiMold to be in direct contact with temperatures exceeding 200°F. Once the ComposiMold has melted spray your carving with a medium coat of Bubble Buster and pour the ComposiMold while the Bubble Buster is still wet.
- Third Prepare your mold- Once the mold has cooled and feels like rubber cut down one side and stretch the mold so you can pull the carving out. Once the carving is removed seal up the cut with tape. Now spray the inside of the mold with a very light coat of mold release (cooking oil will work).
- Fourth prepare and pour your casting material- In this video ComposiStone is used. Use a mix ratio of one part water to two parts ComposiStone. Next force the ComposiStone down the legs using a syringe or just vibrating the mold. Once the mold is full tap the mold until the ComposiStone smooth’s itself out.
- Fifth remove the model and enjoy –Remove the ComposiStone model from the mold approximately two hours after pouring. Then paint and enjoy your new creation!