Create these beautiful snowflakes made out of FIMOair. They make wonderful wintery table decorations and are perfect when gently lit up with the warm flicker of candlelight.
To download a PDF of this project, click here.
What you will need
- FIMOair Light Microwave (White)
- Acrylic roller
- Gloss varnish
- Modelling tools
- Shaped cutters
- Blade set
- Grind Polish set
- Metal leaf
How to do it
- Using the acrylic roller, on a wooden board roll out approximately half a block of 250g FIMOair Light clay until you have created an even 5-7mm thick sheet.
- Print and cut out the snowflake template to the required size being careful to cut out all parts of the snowflake pattern and lay on top of the rolled out FIMOair clay.
- Now using a sharp knife, cut out the snowflake following the pattern. Make a snowflake in the same way.
- Now moisten your fingers a little with water and knead the remaining bits of FIMOair together.
- Once again roll out to approximately 5-7mm and cut out small stars using the metal shaped cutters just like you doing when baking biscuits.
- Whilst still on the wooden board place the cut out snowflakes and stars in the microwave and allow to harden for 10 mins at 600 watts. Ensure a glass of cold water is placed in the microwave with the FIMOair objects. (this ensure even hardening results and avoid overheating).
- After cooling sand the snowflakes and stars with the grinding and polish set to smooth the surface and round off the edges.