Create a story using these simple, easy to make Fimo Story Stones. Perfect for inspiring you child’s imagination and developing their story telling skills. These story stones are lightweight, great for kids on the go and can be continually added to their story collection. The possibilities are endless!
Click here for a PDF of this project.
What you will need
- Fimo Kids Modelling Clay
- Acrylic Roller
- Modelling Tools
- Fimo Gloss Varnish
- Permanent Markers
- Paint Markers
- Magazine Cuttings (optional)
- Elmer’s Glue Stick (optional)
How to do it
- Take various colours of Fimo Kids Modelling Clay. Mould them into shapes of your choice so each shape is approximately 3cm x 2cm (A good size for little hands). They can be square, round, oval – whatever you like!
- Once you have the shapes moulded, bake them in the oven at 130 degrees centigrade for 30 mins.
- When dry and cooled, either draw or paint directly onto the surface of the Fimo shape. You can draw a sun, flower, train, arrow, tree, beach, cat etc. Repeat the process on the opposite side of the shape.
- Alternatively, you can cut images from magazines and stick them onto the Fimo shape using Elmer’s glue stick.
- To seal the shapes, simply cover the Fimo shape with Fimo Gloss Varnish. Set aside to dry. TIP: You can store unfinished items and left over bits of clay material in a sealed plastic bag or airtight