Get Arty Artist, Charlotte, draws the Unicorn of the Sea, a Narwhal, with some easy colouring techniques and a galaxy pattern.
For a PDF version of this project, click here.
What you will need
- Celco eraser
- Artline black marker
- Maped sharpener
- Jasart coloured pencils in various colours
- Artline gold and silver pens
How to do it
- View the YouTube Video for inspiration on drawing techniques.
- Select your animal design
- Draw it in pencil
- Once you are happy with the drawing, trace with your Artline marker
- Using your coloured pencil and your sharpener shave just the coloured part of the pencil, Tip: angle it up into the sharpener,
- Tap the shavings onto the drawing in-between the lines.
- With the tip of your finger gently rub it in. It gives a lovely soft and even effect to your colouring in.
- Use different pencil colours to give desired effect.