Create a simple yet timeless canvas art for your loved ones on this special occasion.
Click here for a PDF of this project.
What you will need
- 12” x 10” Canvas
- Faber Castell Gelatos
- Kaisercraft XO Collectables
- Reeves Acrylics Paints (Sand colour & Black colour)
- Paint Brush
How to do it
- Take the canvas panel and paint the entire area including the sides in Reeves Acrylics Paint (Sand colour). Leave to dry.
- Take a piece of cartridge paper and a selection of Gelato sticks of various colours. Roughly cover the entire piece of paper alternating the colours so you get a multi coloured effect. The colours don’t have to be even as little hearts will be cut from the paper and the texture will add to the overall look. Use the heart template below and draw 28 hearts approximately 2.5cm wide on the back of the paper then cut them out using scissors.
- Take another piece of cartridge paper and paint it black. (Alternatively you can use a piece of black paper). Draw out two hearts that are 2.5cm wide and cut them out.
- Use Elmer’s Craft Bond Tacky Glue to secure the hearts, space them evenly across the canvas panel so you have four rows of seven hearts.
- Take the “Love” word from the Kaisercraft XO Collectables Pack and glue it to the bottom right corner of the canvas panel. Glue the two black hearts on either side of the word. You can create you own word by drawing on paper and painting it with black paint or alternatively draw the word directly onto