Have you ever been fascinated with how things glow in the dark? In this project Get Arty Artist, Sebastian, shows us how to make chalk that glows in the dark!
For the PDF version of this project, click here.
What you will need
- Glow paints
- Plaster of Paris
- Ice cube trays or similar moulds
- Cooking oil spray or Vaseline
- Plastic container
- Mixing spoon (or hand)
- Black cardboard
How to do it
- Start by mixing the glow paints in your container with a bit of water.
- Add the plaster of Paris and mix until you get a smooth and thick consistency.
- Line the ice cube tray mould with cooking oil spray or Vaseline.
- Pour the mix into the ice cube tray mould. Leave to set for an hour or 2. Tip: while waiting for the set to dry repeat the above sets with another colour – so you have more than one colour chalk to choose from!
- Once the mix is set/hard, put it in the freezer for around 20 minutes. Tip: If we didn’t put the mix in the freezer, it would make it very difficult to remove it from the mould.
- Take your mix out of the freezer and out of the ice cube mould – you’ve now got glow in the dark chalk!