Create this funky mask perfect for Halloween, Mardi Gras or fancy dress party!
Click here to download this project as a PDF.
What you will need
- Educraft Paper Mache mask
- Liquitex Heavy Body Paint – white, black, red
- Liquitex Paint Markers - black, red
- Paint brushes
- Educraft Feathers
- Jasart Hot Glue Gun
How to do it
- Take the paper mache mask and using the white paint cover the entire area of the mask. Wait to dry and apply a second coat. This gives a good base for the colours you will be applying.
- Once the mask is dry, using the pencil draw out your design onto the mask.
- Start painting in the design one colour at a time (red first) using the paint and brush for the larger areas and the thin Liquitex paint markers for the fine lines or detailed work.
- Once dry, paint in the areas with the other colours you are using again using the paint and brush for larger areas and the thin Liquitex markers for fine lines or detail work.
- Once dry take the pack of Educraft feathers (we only used the red ones), using the hot glue gun attach each feather to the inside top of the mask.
Tip: When using multiple coloured paints always apply light colours first working up to darker colours. You can also mock up your design on paper first to make sure you are happy with the overall look before starting to paint the mask in.