Put your Papercraft skills to full use by creating a pretty paper flower design on canvas that is sure to delight and be admired by your friends.
Click here to download the PDF project sheet.
What you will need
- Decorative Papers
- Reeves Acrylic Paint White
- 10” x 12” Thin Edge Canvas
- Kaisercraft Flourishes Wooden Buttons
- Educraft Wood Sticks
- Glue Gun
- Xyron Disposable Sticker Maker
How to do it
- Take a 10” x 12” canvas and cover the entire surface area and sides with Reeves white paint. Set aside to dry.
- Cut out a 8cm square piece of paper from a design of your choice. Repeat so you have six squares. Now select another paper design and cut out another six 8cm squares. You should now have 12 squares in total.
- Take six of the squares and put them through the Xyron Disposable Sticker Maker with the design side of the paper up. Take the first square, peel off the backing paper and stick this to a contrasting paper design. Rub down the surface to ensure it is evenly adhered to. Repeat the process so you are left with six double sided patterned squares.
- Take one of the squares and cut 4cm slits from each of the four corners towards the center of the square. (You should be left with a square with four slits). Take the bottom left cut corner and fold into the center of the square, glue the corner down with a glue gun. Leave the bottom right corner flat then take the middle right corner and fold and glue it to center. Repeat the process so you have four alternate corners glued in the center. Lastly take one of the Kaisercraft wooden buttons and glue in the centre of the flower shape. Repeat so you have six completed flowers.
- Draw and cut on decorative paper the shape of a flower pot and glue to the bottom part of the canvas. Take two wood sticks and glue them on the top and bottom of flower pot.
- Next take the six flowers and glue onto the canvas panel to form a flower arrangement.
- Wait for the glue to dry before hanging or displaying upright.
IDEA: Why not consider using a selection of different paper designs for each flower and add paper leaves to your design for added depth.