Create a pine cone garland using decorative papers, twine and pipe cleaners. So simple yet so effective for any home!
Click here to download the PDF instructions for this project.
How to do it
- First, draw a large flower shape that has 7 petals (use the template provided below) on a piece of decorative paper. Cut it out using scissors. Repeat the process until you have 6 large flower cut-outs.
- Next, draw a small flower shape that has 7 petals (use the template provided below) on a piece of decorative paper. Cut it out using scissors. Repeat the process until you have 6 small flower cut-outs.
- Use a needle and pierce a hole in the centre of each cut out flower shape. Thread a pipe cleaner through the flower shapes so you are left with a little stack of the paper cut outs smallest at the top and largest at the base. Fold over both ends to create a little loop of the pipe cleaner to stop the paper from coming off. Gently crease each petal lengthways to create a more 3-dimensional petal shape.
- Repeat the process so you have a number of paper pine cones.
- Cut out a metre length of twine, ribbon or cord. Attach each one of the pine cones you have created to the long twine by threading some cotton through the little top loop of the pipe cleaner and tying a knot.
- You are now ready to hang and enjoy.
IDEA: Try varying the size of the flower shapes which will create either smaller or larger pine cones. Alternatively look at combining different decorative papers or two sided printed papers for different effects.