What you will need
- Kaisercraft Home Décor Kite Wall Art
- Your preference of Kaisercraft Paper 12”x12” –recommend keeping within a theme
- Elmer’s Craft Bond Paper Craft Glue
- Elmer’s Craft Bond Glue Spots
- Cutting Knife
- Jasart Green Cutting Mat
- Metal Ruler
How to do it
Add a touch of spring colour to your children’s room with this easy to make wood-craft project!
- Separate all the pieces of the Kaisercraft Home Décor Kite Wall Art kit.
- Select your combination of Kaisercraft 12” x 12” paper theme and allocate a combination of patterns to the diamond and tail/ bow elements.
- Cut two smaller and two larger triangles from your paper. Recommend using an alternate pattern or four different.
- Adhere your selected paper to the wood elements using Elmer’s Craft Bond Paper Craft Glue following your desired layout (above example is quite a traditional quartered kite shape).
- When glue is dry, flip the wooden elements over (paper face down) and trim around the edges using a cutting knife. Be sure to ask for help from your parents when doing this step. Use a cutting mat to prevent surface scratches.
- Use ribbon, pearls, collectable paper elements and other craft embellishments to add that personal touch. These elements can be used to cover the where the papers join.
- Lay a long piece of ribbon out and attached the tail pieces at even intervals (you can use the ribbon to tie them or Elmer’s Craft Bond Glue Spots to adhere.
Helpful Hint: personalise your kite project by including photos, wooden letters, even spell out your child’s name!