Create these cute buildings out of FimoAir Light for advent calendar gifts or add tealights to create a wonderful city of light.
To download a PDF of this project, click here.
What you will need
- FIMOair Light microwave (1 x250g pack makes approx 2 houses)
- Texture sheets
- Acrylic roller
- Modelling tools
- Shaped cutters
- Grind N Polish sanding sponges
How to do it
- To make a big house flatten 1 x 125g block of FIMOair Light clay with your hand. Place the clay on a sheet of glass and using the acrylic roller, roll out until it is approximately 0.5cm thick.
- To add texture to the walls of the advent house, place a texture sheet on the FIMOair Light clay and roll over evenly with the acrylic roller, applying a little pressure. Peel the texture sheet off carefully.
- On paper draw and cut out out the house templates. One house comprises one base, two sides and two gable pieces. Place on top of the now patterned clay and cut out with a kitchen knife. Remove any surplus FIMO. Smooth over the edges of the cut out house parts using a modelling stick
- Using the different shaped cutters, cut out patterns in the wall and gable parts.
- Once finished decorating , harden the house pieces in a microwave for approximately 5-10 mins at 600 watts. (Place a glass of cold water in the microwave during the hardening process. Alternatively leave the house pieces to dry at room temperature for 1 day).
- Once cool smooth over the FIMO house pieces using the FIMO Grind N Polish sanding sponges.
- Create thin sausage of unhardened FIMOair light and place on the joins of the house pieces to stick the different parts together. Press on to assemble the house, removing any surplus clay with a modelling tool. Leave the now constructed house to air dry.