Create a fun collection of spring characters and make them into either fridge magnets or badges!
Click here to download a PDF version of this project.
What you will need
- Springtime Friends Mould and Paint Kit
- Mixing bowl and spoon
- Measuring jug
How to do it
- Take out all the components from the Springtime Friends Mould and Paint Set and lay out on a table
- Place the mould trays (provided in the Set) on a level surface with the moulds facing upwards.
- Empty the bag of the plaster powder and slowly add in 50-70ml of water stirring gently.
- Carefully pour the plaster mixture into the moulds until they are filled to the top. Gently shake the mould trays to remove any air bubbles.
- For those moulds you wish to turn into badges, gently place the pins onto the plaster mixture.
- Leave the moulds to set for at least 30 mins at room temperature. Whilst waiting for the moulds to set, clean bowl, spoon and measuring jug in warm soapy water.
- Once the plaster has hardened, lay a cloth down on a table, turn over the moulds and with your fingers gently press the moulds out onto the cloth.
- Decorate the moulds using the paint and glitter provided
- For those moulds you wish to turn into fridge magnets, cut a piece of the magnetic strip (provided), peel off the backing strip and stick firmly to the back of the hardened plaster mould.