Create this contemporary sculpture for your living room. Perfect as a centrepiece for a dinner party or at Christmas time, or alternatively it would make a wonderful thoughtful gift for a friend. Just decide on your character and sculpt away!
Click here for a PDF version of this project.
What you will need
- Armature Wire - 1.6mm x 1m
- Artitude Artists' Standard Edge Board
- Wire Cutter
How to do it
- Use pencil and paper to sketch out your design, making sure your design has 2 points that touch the board (you will need this for your sculpture’s stability)
- Use your sketch as a template to trace the wire around the design (we use armature wire as it’s easy to bend with your hands). Leave 5cm of wire before and after the design (this will be used to insert and secure your wire to the board)
- Cut the wire with wire cutters
- Drill to pierce two holes into the board
- Insert the wire sculpture into the holes
- Turn the board upside down, bend the wire ends and tape down onto the board to secure. For added security you could use a heavy duty tape gun to hold down the wire ends.
- Flip the sculpture back upright and tweak the wire sculpture to finish