To download a PDF of this project, click here.
What you will need
- Reeves Canvas Covered Sketchbook
- Reeves Acrylic Paints
- Reeves Varnish
How to do it
- Roughly sketch out your design onto paper. We use waves, dots and circles for our aboriginal inspired design.
- Use black acrylic paint and coat the entire cover. Allow to dry.
- Working from the top of the sketch book down, paint directly onto the cover working with one paint colour at a time. You will need to wait for the paint to dry between each colour to ensure the paint does not smudge.
- Once you are happywith the design and it is completely dry, coat the cover in with matt or gloss varnish.
IDEAS: You can consider two different designs for the front and back cover. Don’t feel restricted to using acrylic paints. You can try using permanent markers or creating a mixed media collage by decorating with fabrics, papers, keepsakes, glitter glues and gels to personalise it.