Click here to download this project as a PDF.
What you will need
- 1 Large Photo Frame or Canvas Panel
- 1 Reeves Water Colour Paper Pad (A5)
- 1 Pack Educraft Mini Pegs
- Assorted Painters craft markers
- Embellishments – Rhinestones, Sparklets
- Lettering template
- Liquitex Spray Paints (suitable for indoor use), we used Red Medium Hue and Iridescent Rich Silver
- Reeves Glitter Paint
- Made For You Glitter
- Elmer’s School Glue
- Made For You Printed Glue Gun
How to do it
- Using spray paints, spray an even coverage of paint over the frame. We created a vintage look by applying red, then a light overlay of silver. Rubbing the silver back gently with a sponge will result in a worn effect. You can achieve this effect using any 2 colours.
- Measure the space within the frame and cut twine to size. If using canvas wrap around the back of the canvas panel. Firmly secure in place using a staple gun.
- You will need to create 24 ‘pouches’ using the water colour paper and glue gun. As a guide, the finished pouch size pictured are 6cm x 7.5cm. Size will vary depending on the size of your frame.
- It is now time to get creative and embellish each individual pouch uniquely focusing on including numbers 1 to 24.
- Once all pouches are created, peg them onto the twine in numerical order.
- Fill each pouch with small trinkets or goodies ready to count down to Christmas Day.
A great project that you can get the whole family involved in!