With a little bit of effort this beautiful botanical inspired card using Tombow marker pens will show just how much you love your mum. Perfect as a Birthday, Thank You or Mother’s Day card because your mum is most special in the world!! This card can also be adapted for other occasions.
Click here to download this project as a PDF.
How to do it
- Take a sheet of Montval watercolour paper and fold it in half to form your card. With a pencil draw a heart shape on the front of the card. Next, draw your flower design by following the shape of the heart. Consider different flower shapes and foliage to create depth.
- Colour in your design using Tombow marker pens. You can create watercolour effects on the card by dispersing the colour using Aquash brush as the ink in the pens is water soluble. Continue working on the design until you have the desired look.
- Once dry, take a Copic Multiliner and work over the design so all the elements of the design have an outline. This will really make the design stand out.
- Next use an Xacto knife and cut around the inside part of the design so you are left with a hole. Use the brush end of a black tombow marker pen and write your message in a calligraphy style on the inside of the card which is now exposed. Alternatively, you can write your message on a separate piece of watercolour paper and glue it to the back of the front cover.
- Your card is now ready to be sent to your loved ones and be admired.