Be inspired to create your own Christmas Decorations with these quick and easy designs.
To download this project as a PDF, click here.
What you will need
- Educraft Felt Sheets
- Educraft Polystyrene balls
- Educraft glitter foam sheets
- Elmers Glue All
- Xyron Sticker maker
- Bakers Twine
- Cristina Re Ribbon
- Educraft ribbon
- Kaisercraft mixed flowers
- Kaisercraft paper pad
- Renoir Paper Fasteners
- Craft Beading Wire
- Glue dots
How to do it:
- Take an Educraft polystyrene ball and cover the half of it in Elmers Glue All. Wrap the Bakers Twine into a coil shape and press onto the glued area. Using your thumb hold the coiled twine in place and continue wrapping the bakers twine tightly to cover the glued surface. Turn the ball over and glue the remaining area of the ball, continue to wrap the ball in twine so completely covered. Snip the end of the twine neatly. Cut a strip of ribbon the diameter of the ball or cut out felt shapes and put through the xyron sticker maker. Attach to the centre of the ball and press firmly to secure. Take a 2cm piece of craft wire make into a U shape. Press down into the top centre of the ball to create a loop. Thread ribbon through and knot it.
- Take an Educraft polystyrene ball and a packet of Kaisercraft Mixed Flowers. Place a glue dot on the back centre of each flower and press firmly to the ball. Continue the process until all the ball is covered in flowers, overlapping each flower slightly. Take a paper fastener and pierce through the centre of each paper flower decorating the ball..
- Take a strip of ribbon fold the end over each other to form a loop and using another paper fastener attach to the top centre of the decorated ball. To customize the colour of the mixed flowers they can be lightly sprayed with Liquitex Spray paint.
- Take a sheet of paper you like from a Kaisercraft paper pad and on the back draw small circles 2.5cm diameter. You will need approximately 40 circles to cover a 7cm diameter Polystyrene ball. Attach a glue spot to the centre back of each circle and press onto the ball, repeat to cover the entire ball overlapping each circle slightly. Cut out 40 small circles 1cm diameter from white felt. Take a paper fastener and pierce through the centre of each felt circle and then through each paper circle into the ball. Take a strip of ribbon fold the end over each other to form a loop and using another paper fastener attach to the top centre of the decorated ball.
- Take the Cristina Re Grossgrain ribbon and cut into eight 15cm strips. Put the ribbon strips through the Xyron sticker maker and vertically place onto the Educraft Polystyrene ball to cover the entire ball overlapping each one slightly. Take a 3m strip of bakers twine and wrap the twine following the lines of the ribbon so the twine creates segments on the ball create a loop at the top to hang the ball and knot to secure. Using a hole punch cut out 36 dots from the glitter foam sheet and using Elmers Glue All attach 6 dots vertically in every alternate segment. From the glitter foam sheet, cut out six 2mm x10cm wide strips and glue into the empty segments.
Idea: Try varying the shapes to using stars, adding sequins or combining multiple decorative papers together on one ball.