Get Arty artist, Antony, demonstrates how to make a colourful and fun bowl from home made confetti and glue.
For a PDF version of this project, click here.
What you will need
- Hole punch
- Coloured cardboard
- Masking tape
- Elmers craft glue
- Jasart sponge or Jasart paint brush
- Celco scissors
How to do it
Tip: Bright pink cardboard is used in this project, but you can choose any colour and if you want you can even mix the colours up.
- Hole punch a selection of coloured cardboard into confetti and fill a bowl.
- Blow balloon and attach a cup with masking tape.
- Coat balloon with craft glue (this is just normal craft glue, you want to cover the about two thirds of the balloon).
- Dip balloon in bowl with confetti.
- Allow to dry.
- Repeat steps 3, 4 , 5 several times over, the more the better because we want to get as many layers of confetti as possible so there are no gaps. Be patient, you want to leave it to dry for at least a few hours each time you do a coat
- Seal final layer with a thin layer of craft glue, and again leave it to dry overnight.
- Get an adult to help you pop the balloon with the scissors, and once that’s done you will see the shape left from the balloon has now formed a bowl.
- Trim the edges of your bowl cutting away from you.