Follow the easy step-by-step instructions below to create your very own digital mixed media image:
What you will need
- A4 Foamboard
- Sihl Digital Paper
- Elmer’s Spray Adhesives
- Winsor & Newton Acrylic Medium Clear Gesso
- Stabilo Carbothello Pencils
How to do it
- Print a black and white image onto SIHL digital paper.
- Spray an even coat of Elmer’s Spray Adhesive onto Foamboard and then stick the black and white image to the foamboard. To create a strong contact, place a clean sheet of paper over the image, apply pressure and smooth with hands. Wait a couple of hours for it to dry completely.
- Paint a thin layer of Winsor & Newton Clear Gesso onto the areas of the image that you would like to colour. The transparent gesso gives the surface of the image a tooth that will allow the image to be coloured over with pencil.
- Use the CarbOthello pencils to colour the areas that have been covered with the gesso. CarbOthello pencils blend easily using just your finger, or a blending tool such as a paper stump.
- Seal your artwork with a clear varnish.