Why not create your very own Canvas Clock. This is a fun project to do with your child where they learn about numbers and how to tell the time!
Click here to download a PDF of this project.
What you will need
- Educraft Adhesive Foam Numbers
- Educraft Bumpy Pipe Cleaners
- Jasart 12”x12” Deep Edge Canvas
- Reeves Acrylic Paints
How to do it
- Choose a colour from the Reeves Acrylic paint range and paint a circle in the middle of the canvas. You can use a plate to draw a circle template first. Allow paint to dry.
- Lay out the numbers 1 to 12 around the edge of the painted circle. Ensure that you allow even spacing between numbers. Once you are happy with the spacing, peel off the backing from each number and press it down onto the canvas.
- Use the excess circle cut-outs from the foam numbers 6, 8 and 9 to embellish each corner of the canvas. If you prefer you could also paint small dots, or shapes in each corner with paint.
- Use scissors and make a small slit in the centre of the canvas clock.
- To make the clock arms, cut the bumpy pipe cleaners to size and create arrows on the end, securing with glue.
- Fold 1.5cm from the end of the pipe cleaner and place through the slit of the canvas. Do this for both pipe cleaners and secure them in place by folding a small section flat onto the back of the canvas. They will now be secure enough to move around the clock to tell the time.