A simple project to create herb garden signs. This is a great holiday fun activity for children to get involved in growing their own herb garden.
To download a PDF of this project, click here.
What you will need
- Educraft Paper Hand Cut-outs
- Educraft Wooden Dowels
- Xyron X900 Home Creative Station
- Reeves Acrylic Paints
- Black permanent Marker
* Children should use glue gun and scissors under adult supervision.
How to do it
- Choose a colour from the Reeves Acrylic paint range and paint the entire hand cut-out. You can paint it all in one colour or patterned. If you are doing multiple signs, try a variety of colours. Allow to dry completely.
- Ensure your Xyron X900 creative station has the lamination cartridge fitted. Laminate each painted hand so they are waterproofed. Using scissors carefully trim the excess lamination from around the hand. Discard the off-cuts.
- Now you can get creative by writing the name of the herb on the laminated hand sign and decorate with embellishments on the surface with whatever your imagination decides!
- Use glue to secure the wooden dowel to the back of the hand. Leave aside for the glue to dry.
- Your sign is now complete and can be placed in your potted herbs or directly in an herb garden.