Christmas is a time for fun and family activities and these FIMO decorations are perfect for even young crafters to make. They are a great way to personalise your tree or even Christmas presents. Why not sit down together and have an afternoon of creative fun.
To download a PDF of this project, click here.
What you will need
- FIMO Kids Blocks (various colours)
- Acrylic Roller
- Modelling Tools
- Gloss Varnish
- Small Shaped Cutters
- Paint Effects Stamper
- Texture Sheets
How to do it
- To make one Christmas decoration, use half a block of FIMO kids modelling clay and using your hand shape into a ball shape. Place onto a sheet of baking paper and flatten slightly with your hand. Using the acrylic roller roll out to approximately 2mm thick.
- Next press the chosen cookie cutter such as star, tree, heart, stocking etc all the way into the FIMO kids clay. Pull away any excess clay from the cutter and then remove the cutter to leave your shape. You can combine two different coloured clays together to create marble effect decorations. Just knead two half blocks of FIMO kids clay together until you have the desired effect.
- For a striped design, press half a block of different coloured FIMO kids clay onto a piece of baking paper then roll out to 1-2mm thick. Roll a small piece of clay to form a thin sausage. You can shape the sausage clay into a wavy pattern, heart shape or even polka dots too. These are created by rolling tiny balls of clay with your fingers and placing onto the clay shape and gently pressing into the clay.
- You can use the paint effects stamper or the texture sheets to create indentations into the clay shapes.
- Once finished decorating, take the point end of a modelling tool to create a small hole in the top of the egg, this is so you can thread your ribbon, cord or twine to hang it later.
- Leave the decorations on the baking paper and place in the oven for 30 mins at 110 C.
- Allow to cool, remove from the baking paper, then varnish the egg. Once the varnish has dried, thread a piece of ribbon, cord or twine through the hole and hang up or tie onto your present.