These clay bowls are great as statement pieces on your dining or coffee table. Use as a decoration or put lollies or potpourri in them!
Click here to download the PDF instructions for this project.
How to do it
- Take a selection of leaves from your garden, (ones with deep indentations of veins are the best). Then, roll out around 50g of Fimo Clay and until it is smooth, crack free and around 1/2cm in thickness.
- Take a leaf and place on the top of the rolled out clay. Press the leaf into the clay gently but firmly, so the veins on the leaf are imprinted onto the clay. Cut around the leaf using a craft knife. You can also use modelling tools to create grooves into the shape or form slightly different shapes.
- Place the Fimo clay bowl in the oven at 160 degrees for 30 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Use a brush and give your clay bowl a light dusting of metallic powder. Leave it to dry for a couple of hours. Alternatively, you can also use acrylic paint to decorate your bowls.
- Coat each bowl with varnish to form a protect coating. Once dry the bowls can be hand washed carefully.
- Repeat the process so you have a set of bowls. For each bowl, form different shapes and use various leaf imprints to create interest. In terms of leaf designs we kept the shapes organic and rustic so they compliment the theme. IDEA: You can adapt any design or shape in keeping with the theme of your table decorations. Why not try florals or geometrics. Patterned materials such as lace or hessin can also be used to imprint onto clay.