Duration: 60 mins
Make your own FIMO Leather-Effect Embroidery background for your next unique embroidery project.
What you will need
- STAEDTLER FIMO Leather-Effects Modelling Clay (any colour you like)
- FIMO Acrylic Roller
- Embroidery Hoop
- Grid Paper
How to do it
- Roll out one block of FIMO leather-effect evenly into a sheet using the acrylic roller on baking paper.
- Cut a square with a knife that is a little larger than the size of the hoop.
- Create your emboidery design on the grid paper and place it over the centre of your FIMO sheet. Prick each corner of your marked squares once with the needle so you can see where to stitch later.
- Carefully remove the paper template and use the roller to remove any unsightly marks. harden in the oven for 30 minutes at 110° C / 230° F on upper and lower heat. Let it cool down well afterwards.
- Remove the sheet from the work surface and place it in the embroidery hoop and attach it. Cut off the excess at the back.
- Now you can start your embroidery creation! Use your guide as a reference.