Duration: 30 mins
Brighten up your keys with these cute DIY keyrings made out of STAEDTLER FIMO Leather-Effect Modelling Clay!
What you will need
- STAEDTLER FIMO Leather-Effect Modelling Clay
- STAEDTLER FIMO Acrylic Roller
- Baking paper
- Non-permanent pen
- Jewellery pliers
- Hole Punch
- Keyring chain
How to do it
- Roll out one block of FIMO Leather Effect approx 2mm sheet using the acrylic roller. Gently stretch the sheet out with your fingers to make the leather effect stand out more.
Lay the FIMO Leather Effect sheet on baking paper and harden in the oven for 30 minutes at 130°C.
Leave to cool.
- Place the template on the FIMO Leather Effect sheet and trace with your pen. Use a needle and place small holes at every point where two lines meet.
- Punch bigger holes at each needle-mark using the punch.
- Thread the needle and stitch the pattern through the punched holes.
- Cut out the template leaving a 5mm gap around the stitched pattern.
- Connect your keyring to the top of the design using your pliers.