Show your mum how much she means to you by making this keepsake heart decoration that she will surely love and treasure.
To download this project as a PDF, click here.
What you will need
- FIMO Effect
- Acrylic Roller
- FIMO Texture Sheets
- FIMO Metallic Powder
- Paint Brush
- Lettering Stamp
- Heart Shaped Cookie Cutter
- Cocktail Stick
How to do it
- Knead half a block of FIMO effect until it softens. Shape it into a ball and roll it approximately 5mm in thickness. Use the lettering stamp and press the word “MUM” in the centre.
- Next, place the FIMO texture sheet (shiny side down) over the rolled FIMO and press down firmly with your fingers. Avoid pressing on the area around the stamped lettering.
- Cut out a heart shape with the cookie cutter but make sure the “MUM” lettering is in the middle. Use a dry paintbrush and dust metallic powder over the heart, working it into the pattern and lettering. Use a wet wipe and remove metallic powder from the raised surface so it remains inside the embossed pattern. Give a light brush of powder around the edges and the back of the heart.
- Make a hole at the top of the heart using a cocktail stick. This is to thread the ribbon through later so make sure it is large enough. Bake at 110 degrees for 30 minutes on a baking tray.
- Allow to cool then thread the ribbon through the hole. It is now ready for Mum!