Create a practical and beautiful gift of Bookcase Drawers for a loved one.
Click here to download a PDF of this project.
What you will need
- Kaisercraft Woodcraft Bookend Drawers
- Kaisercraft Honey Chai Paper pad
- Green/White Twine
- Reeves Acrylic Paint (white)
- Elmers Glue All
- Elmers Glue stick
- Paint brush (large and small flat head)
- White cartridge paper
How to do it
- Take the Kaisercraft Woodcraft Bookend Drawers frame and construct the drawers by slotting each wooden piece into the relevant slots.
- Once constructed, paint the Kaisercraft Bookend frame in a colour of your choice using Reeves Acrylic paint (we used white). For a neat finish, ensure that the front and inside of the drawer slots are completely covered. Leave to dry and reapply a second coat.
- Take a piece of patterned paper from the Kaisercraft Honey Chai paper pad. Lay the unconstructed chipboard drawer onto the paper, using this as a template draw around it with a pencil.
- Ensure that the front and two side panels of the drawer are covered in paper so when the drawer is pulled out you do not have undecorated chipboard exposed.
- Construct the drawer and using Elmer’s Glue All to secure. Once dry cut out the patterned paper and glue onto the drawer using Elmer’s Glue Stick. Repeat the process for all six drawers. We used three different patterned papers but you could use different paper for each drawer or the same pattern.
- Apply a thin layer of Elmer’s Glue All to the outline of each drawer front. Place the green/white twine, on the glue line and press down to secure. Trim any excess and repeat on all six drawers.
- Cut out six circles about the size of a 0.20c coin from white cartridge paper. Cover the entire circle in Elmers Glue All. Take 1 metre length of the green/white twine. Starting from the outer edge of the circle and working inwards wrap the twine tightly around the circle until completely covered. Trim the excess twine from the centre of the circle with scissors. Repeat on the remaining five circles.
- Once dry attach to the front panel of each drawer with glue.