These tealight holders are ideal for adding a modern touch to rooms during the day and provide an atmospheric glow in the evening. They are easy to make and perfect for so many occasions.
To download this project as a PDF, click here.
What you will need
- FIMO Effect
- Texture Sheet
- Acrylic Roller
- FIMO Metallic Powder
- Grind and Polish set
- FIMO Gloss Varnish
- Plain Glass Holder
How to do it
- Knead translucent FIMO effect until it is soft and then use the acrylic roller to roll it out flat.
- Cover the glass holder from the middle to the outside. Remove any air bubbles by smoothing over the clay with your finger.
- Use the blade to cut off any excess FIMO along the top and bottom edges of the glass. Now press the modelling clay evenly onto the glass along its upper edge and join the sides up together.
- Position the lace texture sheet onto the covered glass. Use the acrylic roller and apply a little pressure to emboss the pattern onto the modelling clay. Carefully peel off the texture sheet from the clay.
- Use your finger to gently rub silver metallic powder over the raised areas of the design only
- Next place the decorated glass holder in the oven for 30 minutes at 110 degrees centigrade.
- The FIMO will become translucent when hardened in the oven. Once cooled, moisten a sanding sponge with water and use it to smooth over the edges and surfaces. Finish by varnishing the entire lantern with a protective coat of gloss varnish.