Create a unique and personalised card for the one you love this Valentine’s Day!
Click here to download a PDF of this project.
What you will need
- Kaisercraft Key to My Heart Paper Pad
- Kaisercraft Key to My Heart Collectables
- Kaisercraft Pearl Strips
- Kaisercraft Card and Envelope Pack
- Bakers Twine (fuchsia/white striped)
- White paper
- Elmer’s School Glue
How to do it
- From the Kaisercraft Key to My Heart Paper Pad, take a sheet of the red scripted paper and cut a square 11cm x 11cm. Glue this onto the blank card from the card and envelope pack (we used white).
- Adhere the pearl strips around the edge of the striped paper leaving a 1cm gap as shown.
- Take the decorative die cut label printed with LOVE from the Key to My Heart Collectables pack, glue and place onto the red script paper approximately 1cm from the bottom of the striped paper.
- Draw out 2x hearts (approx. 4cm tall) onto the white paper.
- Cover the surface of one of the hearts in Elmer’s School Glue.
- Cut approximately 1.5 metres length of Bakers Twine for each heart (we used fuchsia/white option). Starting from the bottom of the heart, wrap the twine around the edge of the heart, continue working inwards following the shape of the heart ensuring the twine is wrapped tightly to each loop and no paper is visible. Neatly trim off any excess twine.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 for the second heart. Once the glue on both hearts are dry, carefully cut out the twine hearts.
- Glue and place the hearts in a diagonal formation one directly above the LOVE label and the other to the right. Leave to dry before putting your message inside.
Helpful Hints: Use different coloured pearls or replace with Kaisercraft Rhinestones for some added sparkle! Personalise by changing the colour of the cardstock and differing the size of the twine hearts. Or if you are feeling really crafty, use bead wire to make the word LOVE to replace the label.