Marbling is a popular yet simple technique to decorate Papers! You can also use this technique on artist boards and panels.
Click here to download a PDF version of this project.
What you do:
- Fill the aluminium foil tray (not available online) with water until it is approximately a quarter full.
- Drip the Copic refill ink using the colours of your choice into the water. By experimenting dripping ink colours on top of each other, you can achieve varied effects. Also adding in drips of the Copic colourless blender will “remove” colour creating even more varied effects.
- Take the Bella Vivo Artist Board and immerse it face down into the water so it picks up the ink. Carefully and slowly lift up the board ensuring the drips of water and ink do not run or bleed into each other.
- Lay flat on paper towels until dry. Once dry, you can repeat the process to create multiple layered effects.
- Use the Kaisercraft mist sprays in complimentary or contrasting colours to finish to look.
- Lightly spray or coat the board with a matt varnish spray to finish.