Are you always getting your earphones tangled?
In this project, Get Arty Artist, Tilly shows us how to make a Mexican earphone pouch.
For a PDF version of this project, click here.
What you will need
- EDUcraft Felt Sheets (red, green, yellow, beige)
- Paper (to make a stencil)
- Celco Scissors
- Jasart hot glue gun
- EDUcraft Joggle Eyes
- Liquitex acrylic markers
How to do it
- To make your stencil, use your pencil to draw a squiggly lined circle, a big circle and an oval shaped circle.
- Trace the squiggly lined circle over the green felt (this is our lettuce), trace the big circle on the beige piece of felt (our taco shell), and trace the oval shape 3 times on to the red felt (our tomatoes).
- With your scissors cut out all the shapes from the felt. Cut the red ovals (our tomatoes) down the centre so there are now 6 half ovals. With your yellow felt, cut out 8 long triangles (the cheese).
- To assemble the taco, lay the beige piece down first, add glue (with the hot glue gun) along the edges and stick the 6 red tomatoes on top (make sure you leave some gaps for your cheese!). Tip: To give your taco some personality, when sticking you tomatoes down have some half poking over the edge!
- Next, take the yellow triangles and glue it in the gaps of the red ovals.
- Add more glue around the entire taco shell and lay the green felt on top
- Fold in half and have a look to see if any edges need trimming.
- Take a tiny strip of Velcro and glue one half to one side of the taco and the other half to the second half of the taco.
- Set aside and let it dry for a minute or two.
- To complete your taco pouch all you need is a face - take the googly eyes and glue them onto the outside of the taco and with a fabric marker, add a smiley mouth!