These pretty little bowls are perfect for storing your rings, earrings and necklace chains. Display them on the top of your dresser for all to see.
Click here to download this project as a PDF
What you will need
- FIMOair Basic
- Decorative Paper
- Gold Leaf
- Acrylic Roller
- Gold Size
- Gloss Varnish
- Modelling Tools
- Bristle Brush
How to do it
- Take a piece of FIMOair Basic roughly the size of the palm of your hand. Start rolling it into a ball until smooth. Use the acrylic roller and roll out the ball until it is a flattened circle approximately 3cm in thickness.
- Start moulding the flattened circle into a shallow bowl shape by using your hands and fingers .
- Once you are happy with the overall shape, apply grooves to the rim of the bowl using a modelling tool. Leave the bowl aside to dry and if making more than one bowl repeat the process. (By reducing or increasing the amount of clay you use, you can create bowls in different sizes).
- Once the bowl is dry, cut out a rough circle slightly smaller than the base of the bowl on a piece of decorative paper. Glue pattern side up onto the base of the bowl. Once dry, roughly paint using a bristle brush the acrylic gold size over the rim, inner and outer edges of the bowl. You want to create a patch effect with the gold leaf when it is applied rather than solid panels of gold. Next, tear off small pieces of the gold leaf and apply to the tacky areas of the bowl where the gold size was applied. Rub gently with a cloth.
- Apply a coat of gloss varnish over the entire bowl and set to dry.
- Your bowl is now ready to be used and displayed.