Duration: 20 mins
Learn how to recreate melting rainbow rain using Reeves Oil Pastels.
What you will need
- Reeves Oil Pastels
- A4 Canvas Board
- Black Paper
- Hot glue gun
- Hair Dryer
- Glue stick
- Masking Tape
How to do it
- Cut out an umbrella shape with your black paper and attached it to the board using a glue stick.
- Using the hot glue gun, firming stick the oil pastels (tip facing down) to the top of the board in a rainbow order.
- Stand the board upright by attaching a rolled strip of masking tape to the back and place it against a sturdy object. Be such to cover the surface you're working on as it may get messy.
- Switch on the hairdryer and use it to heat up the oil pastels starting from one side until they start melting.
- Move your way along the oil pastels.
- Use a cup to cover the umbrella so that as the oil pastel runs down, it wraps around the side of the cup and umbrella.