Create your own Santa cards this Christmas. A great project to do with your kids.
To download a printable PDF version of this project, click here.
What you will need
- Educraft Felt Sheets
- Educraft Foam Sheets
- Strathmore Blank Greeting card pack
- Educraft pom poms
- Educraft Joggle eyes
- Glue gun*
* Children should use glue gun and scissors under adult supervision.
How to do it
- Select a pack of Strathmore Blank greeting cards such as Stamping cards.
- For the Santa’s body, cut a piece of red Educraft foam which covers approximately ¾ of your cards base. Glue this foam onto the card using a hot glue gun.
- To create the Santa face, cut a dome shape out of a piece of white foam (approximately 7cm diameter).
- For the beard draw out a cloud shape onto white Educraft felt and cut out. Create a moustache using off –cuts. Glue face, beard and moustache onto the card using the glue gun. Allow to cool.
- To make the hat, cut a long rectangular shape approximately 7cm (w) x 14cm (h) from your red felt. Fold the edge on a short side to create the rim (1cm) and glue in place. Allow to dry. Then fold and twist the top end of your felt to create the cone shape and secure with glue. Finish with an pom pom at the end.
- Cut a strip of black Educraft foam for the belt about 2cm wide and using the yellow Educraft Foam for the buckle. Secure with glue.
- Finalise the card with Educraft Joggle eyes.
Idea: why not create a Robin, Snowman or Christmas Tree card too?