Create these unique decorative arrows, perfect to give individually or why not mount onto a card or canvas for bigger impact!
How to do it
- Using your craft knife, carefully cut the balsa dowel to your desired length (the depicted example we used 6mm diameter dowel cut to approximately 20cm lengths). Tip: score the dowel with your knife before cutting to achieve a clean edge.
- Stick masking tape along the dowel at varying intervals to cover the areas not to be painted. Ensure the tape is on firmly and the edge is wrapped around square. Alternatively you can paint free-hand stripes or any pattern of your choosing.
- Paint the exposed sections of dowel with the acrylic paint.
- Once paint is dry carefully remove the masking tape.
- Use scissors to cut the arrow head and tails out of your coloured paper of choice (click here for templates). Two of each head and tail is required per arrow.
- Use a small amount of glue to stick the painted dowel between each head and tail cut-out.
- Once dry, your arrows are now ready!