Surprise your loved ones with these charming table decorations. Whether they are serviette rings, place cards, key rings or other stylish decorations, you can let your imagination run wild. You can be sure these heart shaped creations will add a perfect finishing touch to any table setting.
Click here to download the PDF project sheet.
What you will need
- Fimo Soft – Tangerine, red, raspberry, sun yellow
- Modelling tools
- Fimo cutting blades
- Fimo Gloss varnish
- Cord or twine
How to do it
- Using the grooves on the Fimo clay as a reference, knead one strip or red and one strip of raspberry together until a marble pattern is created. Now shape into a ball and form into a tip at one end. Do the same with two portions of red Fimo. Press the two drop shaped pieces together carefully to make a heart and bend the tip slightly to one side.
- Small hearts can be made the same way using orange and red Fimo to create the marbled effect. A circle pattern can be added by placing small balls on top of the heart and pressing them down flat. Once finished use a knitting needle to pierce a hole so a cord/ twine can go through. Or make a hole on top of the heart to be used as a place card holder. Harden in the oven for 30 minutes at 110 degrees.
- Once they have cooled down, the hearts can be given a shiny finish with a coat of gloss varnish.
- After drying thread the cord or wire through as required. The place card holder can be made by twisting around beading wire into the desired shape and then insert into the hole previously made.
- For the napkin ring, make two extra large hearts by using two red strips and two strips or raspberry, mould it into an elongated heart shape so that the two stripes can be twisted together. Using a thick marker pen or narrow shot glass, take the heart shape and wrap around it while pressing the top together and twisting the bottom. Carefully remove the marker pen or glass, repeat the process so you have two napkin rings. They can then be hardened in the oven. Once cooled, apply a coat of gloss varnish to them.