The Liquitex Professional Acrylic Pouring Kit is perfect for any creative who wishes to experiment with pouring techniques. “Pour painting” is where flowable, fluid paint is applied to a painting surface such as canvas without using brushes. The result creates interesting abstract patterns. The Liquitex Professional Acrylic Pouring Kit is a fun, quick activity, suitable for all skill levels from complete novices to those individuals who have already gained confidence creating pours. Using only premium materials that deliver reliable and consistent results, The Liquitex Professional Acrylic Pouring Kit can be used to complete the Liquitex Professional Acrylic Pouring Online Tutorial.
Included in the kit are two carefully selected colours from the Liquitex Heavy Body Acrylic Paint range and two Liquitex Acrylic Inks. When combined with the Liquitex Pouring Fluid Effects Medium they can create beautiful contrasting effects. Liquitex Heavy Body Acrylic Paints and Acrylic Inks are highly pigmented to produce rich brilliant colours. Use for clean & dirty pours, puddle pours, spatula, upturned glass technique and so much more!
Also included in the kit are two bottles of Liquitex Professional Pouring Fluid Effect Medium. This versatile medium can be applied to your acrylic paintings to achieve a water-resistant glass-like finish, or mixed with your favourite acrylic media to create fluid effects. It can even be poured onto your artwork to form "puddles".
Liquitex Professional Pouring Fluid Effect Medium:
- Gives even poured puddles.
- Dries to a high gloss wet-look finish.
- As a guide work to a ratio of 5% colour to 95% medium. (the ratio can be amended depending on the pouring technique being used).
- Stir colour gently to achieve a smooth mix of colour and medium. (if bubbles appear let the mixture sit for 5-10 mins.
- The colour mixture can be poured into squeeze bottles, pipettes etc for applying onto the surface. Consider using palette knife, forks or other tools to create patterns and effects once the paint mixture has been applied.
- Cracking and crazing can occur if the poured surface level is uneven when drying.
- Depending on the thickness of colour mixture applied allow approximately 24-48 hours dry time.
- Fully intermixable with all Liquitex products, including Liquitex Heavy Body Acrylic Paint and Liquitex Acrylic Inks. Why not add other colours available in the Liquitex range to achieve even more fun effects!
- Do not mix Liquitex Professional Pouring Fluid Effect Medium with water.
- Permanent when dry.
A Jasart Round Wooden Panel is included in the kit. It has a solid 4mm birchwood top on an MDF base. The surface is sanded smooth and left in a natural unprimed state and is ideal for acrylic pours.
Pouring is fun but can be messy, so gloves, an apron and drop sheets are recommended!