Eckersley’s Pty Ltd is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 and the National Privacy Principles set by the Federal Privacy Commissioner. For more information, visit www.privacy.gov.au.
Collection of personal information
Eckersley’s collects limited personal information such as title, name, and contact details (address, phone, fax and email). In some instances, we also collect information on your occupation, age group and interests. We only collect personal information when you knowingly provide it. For example, we may request personal information from you when you:
- Contact us for further information
- Order online
- Order using a mail order catalogue form
- Participate in surveys and other types of research
- Enter a promotion, sweepstake, or contest hosted by Eckersley’s
- Subscribe to our mailing list
- Join our Loyalty Program
- Register your details on our website
- Ask for a quote to be prepared
- Order using a mail order catalogue form
- Express interest in a particular Eckersley’s service
- Submit a job application or résumé
Other information we may collect
To evaluate the effectiveness of our online advertising, we may use third parties to collect statistical data. No personal information is collected on these occasions.
The site may use cookie and tracking technology depending on the features offered. Cookie and tracking technology are useful for gathering information such as browser type and operating system, tracking the number of visitors to the site, and understanding how visitors use the site. Cookies can also help customise the site for visitors. Personal information cannot be collected via cookies and other tracking technology; however, if you previously provided personally identifiable information, cookies may be tied to such information. Aggregate cookie and tracking information may be shared with third parties.
How we use your information
Eckersley’s uses your information to better understand your needs and provide you with better service. Specifically, Eckersley’s uses personal information:
- To complete a transaction
- To deal with your queries or customer service issues promptly
- To keep you up-to-date with products, services, events or promotions we think would be of particular interest through a variety of channels (you will be able to “opt-out” from this activity at any time)
- For planning, product development or research purposes
Use and disclosure of personal information
We will only send personal information about you to other organisations when:
- We have your consent to share the information
- We need to share your information in order to provide the product or service you have requested
- We need to send your information to companies that are contracted to Eckersley’s (e.g. mailing houses, IT service providers, web developers, marketing agencies)
- We are required or authorised by law to disclose the information
Such information remains under Eckersley’s Pty Ltd custodianship at all times and the agents involved are bound by specific confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements.
Quality of personal information
Eckersley’s goal is to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. To assist us with this, please contact Eckersley’s by email or fax if any of the details you have provided change. Further, if you believe that the information we have about you is not accurate, contact us and we will use all reasonable efforts to correct the information. No fee applies to correction of personal information.
Access to personal information
Should you wish to access your personal information please contact our Data Entry Coordinator by email: email@example.com or fax (02) 8036 1315.
If, for any reason, you would like to be removed from our mailing lists, please email or fax us and clearly state your full name and address as it appears on the communication piece you received from Eckersley’s.
Commitment to data security
Eckersley’s is committed to ensuring the security of your personal information and we will take all reasonable precaution to protect this information from loss, misuse or alteration.
Changes to this statement
Contact UsEckersley’s Pty LtdPO Box 1306MEADOWBANK NSW 2114Phone: + 61 2 8036 1300Fax: + 61 2 8036 1315Email: firstname.lastname@example.org