There are lots of different paint brushes available for you to use in your art project. Whether you’re an experienced artist or a beginner, an oil painter or watercolour enthusiast, a face painter or paint by numbers fan, Eckersley’s stock the right brushes that compliment your style. Eckersley’s offers a range of brushes that have different purposes, uses, bristles and tips.
- Airbrushes are a small spraying tool that blows paint or ink onto a surface from a compressed air source. This method allows for smooth colour blending with the paint.
- Aquabrushes can be filled with water, which makes them great for using with water soluble paints and inks.
- Goat Hair brushes are very soft, making them great to use rwith inks, watercolours and acrylic paints.
- Hog Hair brushes are good for oil painting as well as acrylics due to the thickness and coarse properties of the bristles.
- Natural Hair brushes are best for use with fluid paints such as watercolours, gouache or inks, with a natural feel while brushing.
- Sable Hair brushes are often thin and tapered with a long and soft tip, making them ideal for fine detail work. They are a beautiful tool for watercolour painting, but they can also be used with acrylic, gouache or ink.
- Synthetic brushes are usually made from nylon or polyester and are durable. They hold their shape well, making them great for more detailed work.
We also stock brush holders and wallets and complete brush sets for those starting from scratch.
At Eckersley's, we know the right brush is essential for the best results in your chosen medium. Check out our article on choosing the right brush for your chosen technique, or head in store and our staff will be happy to help you find the right fit.
Eckersley’s favoured brands include Jasart, Liquitex, Micador, Reeves, Winsor & Newton, Roymac and NAM. We stock only the finest art supplies, ensuring you the chance to be the best artist you can be.
Eckersley’s is your one stop shop for brushes no matter your preferred medium and we’ve been that way since 1965. We extend our knowledge and advice to assist you, either face-to-face or via online videos and project ideas. Pay us a visit at your local store or shop online today for fast delivery throughout Australia and New Zealand.