Find an exciting range of Diamond Dotz kits at Eckersley’s online and in-store.
Diamond Dotz® Kits are fun crafting project where you place sparkly diamond-like dots onto a pre-glued coloured chart to create a colourful picture with a shimmery effect. The Diamond Dotz are pushed into the adhesive using a stylus pen that is included within the kits.
The heavyweight chart that they are based on is 100% woven polyester fabric, built to resist against fold marks and the weight of facets without any issues.
There are all sorts of Diamond Dotz® Kits available with options suitable for beginners or the more advanced. Since it is quite a simple crafting process, Diamond Dotz® is one of the quickest art projects to complete providing a delightful sense of accomplishment.
What is a Diamond Dotz?
Diamond Dotz is a craft technique that allows you to create beautiful 3D images and patterns by applying special Diamond Beads to fabric. The technique involves the use of tiny beads, known as dotz, that are applied with an adhesive to the fabric.
How do you use Diamond Dotz?
Diamond Dotz is a craft-style activity that allows you to create stunning diamond artworks. The basic process is simple, but there are a few things you should know before you get started.
- First, determine what kind of project you want to make.
- Knowing the size of your project will determine how many Diamond Dotz you need and the type of canvas or fabric to use.
- Once you have your materials gathered, it's time to start the project.
- Next, begin attaching the Diamond Dotz onto your canvas or fabric.
- Once all of the Diamond Dotz are placed, use a pen or stylus to press them into the canvas or fabric.
Now that your project is complete, you can hang it and admire the beautiful artwork you have created. With Diamond Dotz, crafting becomes a fun and creative experience!
What are some tips for using Diamond Dotz?
- Make sure your surface is clean and dry before beginning your project.
- Start by laying out the Diamond Dotz pattern and diamonds on the canvas or fabric to get a better idea of how it will look.
- Work slowly and carefully when placing each diamond onto the canvas or fabric.
- Use tweezers to pick up and place the diamonds for a better grip.
- When you’re done, finish off your project with a few coats of sealant to protect it from dust and fading.
What are some things to avoid while using Diamond Dotz?
- Avoid using sharp tools or needles when picking up and placing Diamond Dotz diamonds.
- Don’t pull the Diamond Dotz diamonds off once they’re placed as it can damage the canvas or fabric.
- Don’t be tempted to use too much adhesive as this can make the project look messy.
- Avoid working on darker coloured surfaces as it makes it difficult to see the diamonds.
- Don’t rush through your project as it can lead to mistakes and a less than desirable result.