A simple but eye catching project that uses minimal materials. All you need is decorative paper, a canvas panel and a few everyday accessories!
Click here for a PDF version of this project.
What you will need
- Decorative Paper (Christmas Wrap)
- Celco Circle Template
- National Art Materials Round Canvas Panels
How to do it
- Select a circle of your choice from the circle template.
- Using your selected circle template, trace a circle onto the decorative paper. For our project, we used a 10 inch round canvas panel and needed to cut out 120 x 3.5 cm circles. Tip: we layered a few pieces of decorative paper together and cut the circle out at the same time.
- Optional step if you are using multiple colours: lay out your scales to ensure you have the desired colour scheme and effect you want.
- Glue down the scales starting from the bottom of the canvas.
Tip: pinch the scale and glue down on the board to create a 3D effect.