Create Creepy crawly caterpillars that are egg-ceptionally fun & easy!
Download this PDF to print out instructions.
What you will need
- Cardboard Egg Carton
- Elmer's Glue All
- EDUcraft Pipe Cleaners
- EDUcraft Joggle Eyes
- Jasart Creativity Paper
- Reeves Acrylic Paint 75ml in the colours of your choice
- Paint Brush
How to do it
- Cut off the lid from the egg carton.Use the bottom section of the egg carton for this project.
- Cut off the bottom section of the egg carton in half lengthwise.
- Cut off the lip of the egg carton if necessary so that the edges are even all the way around.
- Paint the egg carton in bright colurs. Add spots and stripes to make the caterpillar unique and realistic. Let the paint dry completely.
- Glue two EDUcraft Joggle to one end of the cartoon.
- Draw a mouth with markers.
- Cut a sheet of Creativity Paper into six strips to make legs.
- Make sure each strip is slightly longer than the width of the egg carton so it sticks out on both sides of it.
- Turn over the egg carton and glue the strips to the separators between each section . Let the Elmer's Glue dry completely.
- Turn over the caterpillar and poke pipe cleaners into the top front section for antennae.
Note: The perfect project for fans of The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle.