This simple yet effective design is easily achievable with a few simple materials and a steady hand.
To download a PDF version of this project, click here.
What you will need
- Artitude Artist Board
- Liquitex Heavy Body Acrylic in Black, Copper, Gold
- Liquitex Paint brushes
- Liquitex High Gloss Varnish
- Liquitex Glass Beads Texture Gel
- Celco Steel ruler
- Masking tape
How to do it
- Take a size of your choice on the Artitude Artist Boards and lay on a flat surface.
- Using the ruler and a pencil draw out lines across the Artist board. Continue adding lines until you are happy with the overall design.
- Using the masking tape, tape off areas where you want the Liquitex Heavy Body acrylic paint in Gold filled in. This will give you sharp crisp lines.
- Paint in the areas with the gold paint and wait to dry before carefully removing the tape to avoid smearing. As the Artist boards are untreated they absorb the colour and dry quite quickly.
- Next take the Liquitex Heavy Body Acrylic in Copper and mix in the Liquitex Glass Beads Texture Gel. Again using the masking tape, tape off areas where you want the Copper paint. Leave to dry.
- Lastly mask the areas to be painted black with the Liquitex Heavy Body Acrylic paint. Once dry paint over the black painted areas with the Liquitex High Gloss Varnish. This will create a nice glossy finish in contrast to the textured copper paint, gold paint and unpainted areas of the Artist Board.
- Once dry remove all masking tape. You art is now ready to hang and enjoy!
IDEA: Why not create a series of Artist panels and then display together for maximum impact.