Who doesn’t love a sparkly star decoration on their Christmas tree? These decorations are so simple to make that the whole family can be involved in.
Click here to download the instructions as a PDF.
How to do it
- Take a star template and lay it underneath a piece of clear plastic or polyproplene sheet. Draw directly from the bottle to create the star outline using All purpose glue.
- Continue to “draw” with the glue to form a pattern design starting in the centre of the star and working outwards, ensuring each part of the glue design is connected to the star outline. (The glue needs to be applied generously thick, otherwise the decoration will be too fragile and break).
- When you are happy with your design, sprinkle glitter sparingly on top of the glue ensuring no glue is visible and is covered by the glitter.
- Set aside for 24 hours to dry.
- Once dry, starting from a corner carefully peel the star off the plastic sheet, thread bakers twine through one of the holes and hang onto the tree!
- For a coloured star, pour acrylic ink into an empty bottle and mix with All Purpose glue. Make sure the glue and ink are mixed well before “drawing” out your design.
CAUTION: To avoid melting do not place the glue stars near powered electric Christmas lights on the tree.