There is nothing more special than receiving a handmade card or hand decorated gift.
Download a PDF version of this project.
What you will need
- Carving tools
- Acrylic Paint
- Lino Rollers
- Flat palette
- Plastic Palette Knives
- Pom poms
- Hot Glue Gun
How to do it
Lay some paper onto a flat even surface.
- Using scissors cut the card or tag to the required size or shape.
- Mix the desired colours of acrylic paint onto the flat palette using a plastic palette knife.
- Draw out your design onto the Ezycarve then carve out the shape. You may want to quickly draw out your design idea onto a scrap piece of paper to make sure you like the layout and know the spacing required.
- Using the lino roller load up the paint onto the Ezycarve shape and carefully place it face down onto the paper in the desired location. Press firmly to ensure the paint has transferred. Reload the Ezycarve shape with paint mixture for each print until you have your desired design.
- Leave to dry
- If adding embellishments such as the pom pom bunny tails, apply a small amount of glue using a hot glue gun then press into position immediately.
- Use a hole punch to create a hole for the tag and thread ribbon, cord or twine through the hole.
IDEA: This is a simple and fun activity for children to get involved with especially the “printing” aspect. Why not try creating design using flowers, butterflies, owls, robots, cars, monkeys…whatever your imagination desires! (For safety all carving and hot glue gun activities should be either completed by adults or depending on the age of the child with adult supervision).