Keep the kids entertained with these Cardboard Tube Monsters. Using only a few items, a bit of imagination and you can make all sorts of creatures.
Click here to download this project as a PDF.
What you will need
- Cardboard Tube
- Pipe Cleaners
- Joggle Eyes
- Coloured Paper
- Reeves Acrylic Paint
- Paint Brush
- Felt Markers
*Children should be supervised by an adult when using Scissors.
How to do it
- Take your cardboard tube and paint the outside of the tube with any colour using Reeves acrylic paint. Once dry, paint the inside tube with Reeves black acrylic paint.
- Take some coloured paper and cut them into strips or shapes and glue them onto the cardboard tube. (You can cut out some triangles in white paper to use as teeth).
- You can make hair using pipe cleaners by first making small slits on the top of the cardboard roll using a pair of scissors. Next, take a pipe cleaner and bend it in half and slot it into two slits. They should fit securely. With you finger mould the pipe cleaner into a wiggly shape. Repeat until all the slits are filled.
- For feather hair, take three feathers of your choice and place them into the top of the tube so the bottom of the feathers are sitting about 1cm inside the tube. Secure them with sticky tape.
- Next, glue the joggle eyes onto the cardboard tube and leave to dry.
- You can further decorate your Cardboard Tube Monsters with felt markers, glitter or paper cut-outs.