These charms can be used any where! On your keyring, as earrings, as a mobile phone charm or in your hair. Make them colourful, make them bold, make them cute!
Click here for a PDF version of this project.
How to do it
- Use coloured pencils and paper to sketch out your designs.
- Prepare your Fimo by premixing your colours according to your design.
- Shape your Fimo designs with modelling tools.
Tip: if the Fimo is getting too soft to create intricate designs, leave it to a side for a while or in the fridge to harden it a little.
- Once you are happy with your design, carefully insert wire through the middle of the piece to make a hole and remove the wire, being careful not to squeeze your piece. If you are using headpins to create a loop for your charm, insert the wire all the way through the piece. If you are using a premade loop, pierce the charm halfway.
- Bake the Fimo as per the instructions found on the packaging.
- Once baked and cooled down, use the polishing sponge to smooth down any edges.
- Use a brush to apply varnish on the charm and leave it aside to dry.
- Once dry, attach jewellery findings (optional) to suit your use.