Creating these napkins rings couldn’t be easier, not only are they super stylish and will impress your guests, all you need are a few tools and a couple of hours.
Click here to download the PDF instructions for this project.
What you will need
- FIMOair Light
- Clay Roller
- Modelling Tools (optional)
- Craft Knife
- Fimo Metallic Powder
How to do it
- Take a selection of leaves from your garden, (pick ones that have deep indentations of veins). Next, roll out around 50g of FIMOair Light using a clay roller. Continue to roll until the Fimo clay is smooth, crack free and around 1/2cm thick. As the clay air dries, you need to work quickly to ensure it doesn’t dry out.
- Next, take a leaf and place it on the top of the rolled out clay. Press the leaf into the clay gently but firmly so the veins on the leaf are imprinted onto the clay. Cut around the leaf using a craft knife. You can also use modelling tools to create grooves in the clay.
- Bend the clay leaf so the two points of the leaf touch each other and form a cylinder shape. Gently press the two ends together. Smooth out any edges and any cracks that may have formed with a dab of water.
- Use a brush and give the leaf a light dusting of metallic powder. Leave it to dry for a couple of hours. Alternatively you can use acrylic paint to decorate your dried clay napkin rings.
- Repeat the process so you have a set of napkin rings. IDEA: You can create any design or shape to keep to your table decorations theme. Why not try florals or